Friday 9 January 2015

London Book Haul

Hi booklovers

Last month I went to London and of course I had to buy some books.

I bought a total of 13 books - 7 for myself and 5 for my boyfriend. I think 13 is an okay number :-) To be honest, I would've bought more, but on the last day there wasn't enough time left to go to Waterstones at Piccadilly Circus. Ah well, I'll just have to visit that one next time ;-)  

I'll start with the 5 books I bought for my boyfriend:

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda (Origami Yoda #1)

The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee (Origami Yoda #3) (He already owned #2)

The Surprise Attack of Jabba the Puppett (Origami Yoda #4)

Princess Labelmaker to the Rescue (Origami Yoda #5)

Emperor Pickletine Rides the Bus (Origami Yoda #6)  All written by
 


My boyfriend doesn't read books that often, but these books really appealed to him. He had already bought the second volume at Boekenfestijn. To be fair, he did also read the first 4 Harry Potter books, but the 5th one is too big to take with him to work ;-)

And now on to my own shiny new books :-)

CinderScarlet and Cress - by Marissa Meyer. I have already read them on my e-reader - see My favourite book of 2014 - but because Fairest is coming out on Jan. 27th and the final book Winter will be released in November I wanted to own the physical copies.
 

My True Love Gave To Me - by different authorswhich I'm still reading.
Let it snow - by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle.
To all the boys I've loved before - by Jenny Han. I'm curious about this one, because I've never read a Jenny Han book before. (Besides of course the short story in My True Love Gave To Me.
 


Weird things customers say in bookshops  - by Jen Campbell. This looked so funny - and perhaps frustrating at the same time - I just had to pick it up. Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on the second on yet, but I'm working on that ;-)
 
I bought all these books at Waterstones Oxford Street and Covent Garden.

The last book I bought, I got at an Oxfam Charity Bookshop and it is Firelight by Sophie Jordan. I don't really know what its about except that it has to do with dragons. :-/ I just found out on Goodreads that this is actually the first book in a trilogy.
 


Have you read any of the books mentioned? Let me know in the comments what you think of them.

Bye

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment