Sunday 25 January 2015

Series I would like to continue / finish in 2015

Hi booklovers

One of my Bookish Goals 2015 is to continue or finish some of the series that I have already started.

I took a look at my bookshelves and I've realised I have a lot of unfinished series :-s

I'm going to divide this into completed and uncompleted series. This list in no particular order - I just wrote them down as I came across them on my shelves :-)

A) Completed series.

1. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - I've read the first four, still need to read books 5 and 6. I was marathoning this series, but after City of Fallen Angels I needed to stop reading it, because I truly disliked that book. I was scared of getting into a reading slump.

2. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare - I've read the first book, still need to read books 2 and 3. I actually started reading the second book, but I wasn't enjoying it after COFA.

3. The Cousin' War series by Philippa Gregory - I've read the first three books completely and I'm about halfway through book 4. I also own book 5 in the series, but not book 6 which was released last year. I'm actually not sure if this is a completed series or not. Tell me in the comments if you know.

4. The Tudor Court series by Phillipa Gregory - I still have to read the sixth book. Again, I'm not 100% sure if this series is complete or not.

5. The Fallen series by Lauren Kate - Actually, I only need to read Fallen in love.

6. The Wheel of Time - by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson - I've been reading this series for almost 10 years now. I've already read books 1 to 10 and then I reread books 1 to 6. But being a non-native English speaker, it takes me a long time to get through such massive books. I started rereading them because I had forgotten about a big part of the story, but I stopped again after book 6 because I was making very little progress.

7. The Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman - I own these books in Dutch and I've read books 1 and 2 of this 7 books series.

8. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini - I still need to read the last book in the series.

9. The Dwarves by Markus Heitz - I've read the first book and I'm halfway through the second book. I'm not sure if I'll finish them, because I really didn't like the second book.

10. His Fair Assassin by Robin LaFevers - Bre Faucheux and I've buddy-read Grave Mercy (book 1) last year and I really want to finish this series soon.

11. The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien - I've read the Fellowship of the Ring and part of The Two Towers. I know, I really need to continue this series!

B) Uncompleted series.

1. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - Like with The Wheel of Time it's taking me a long time to work my way through these books, but I'm determined to get through them at some point. I've read the first two books and I've started the third one.

2. The Shannara series by Terry Brooks - This series actually consists of several smaller series and together they consist of a huge number of books. I've only read the first book in Dutch. I'm (very) slowly collecting the books both in Dutch and English (because I can't find them all in Dutch apparently.)

3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - I've read The Assassin's Blade, Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight.

4. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - I've read the three books that have already been released.

5. The Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes - I'm currently reading Falling Kingdoms.


That makes a total of 15 series I want/need to finish and 1 I probably won't finish. Let's be realistic, I'm not going to continue or finish them all in 2015, but I want to make a start on this list, so I can reduce my TBR pile - which I still haven't counted, btw. Wish me luck.

And the worst part is there are so many more series I want to start. So many books, so little time!

Let me know in the comments if you've read any of these series and which of these I should tackle first.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment