Sunday 22 February 2015

Rebel Spring - SPOILER book review

**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**

DON'T READ THIS POST IF YOU HAVEN'T READ Rebel Spring YET! I also have a non-spoiler review.

If you want to read the following text, just highlight it :-)


In this post I'm going to talk about my feelings about the book. Again I would like to apologize if this is a bit confusing, but I wrote down my feelings while reading the book. Remember these are my personal thoughts and feelings!

* Pretty soon after the start of the story I wanted to strangle Aron for telling Cleo's secret about having slept with him to save his own sorry little ass. Grrr!!

* Magnus is starting to grow on me: the way he cares for his sister and he seems to be genuinely concerned about Cleo when she's kidnapped. 

* Queen Althea is such a bitch the way she wants to kill her daughter 'to save her'. I almost did a happy dance when she was killed.

* I kind of saw the kiss between Jonas and Cleo coming because of all the chemistry between them, but I was still surprised about the timing. I totally ship them!

* In my spoiler review of Falling Kingdoms I wrote that I wondered if Cleo wasn't reacting too calmly to the death of her loved-ones. She answered that question herself: 'I can barely remain standing and contain my grief'. This made her very real for me.

* All the feels when the rebel's attack at Cleo & Magnus' wedding backfired and King Gaius forced them to continue the ceremony.

* I don't care much for Lucia. Granted, it's difficult for her to deal with her elementia, but she is such a nasty person sometimes.

* I was on the train while reading the scene when Jonas was stabbed through the heart and my boyfriend was sitting next to me. I went: 'Noooooooooo, this can't be happening' and I started flipping the pages and he was like: 'What are you doing???' And then the feels when Phaedra rescued him and was betrayed by her brother Xanthus!!

* My face went like this O____O when Prince Ashur kissed Nic, didn't see that one coming at all. I don't know why but Prince Ashur reminds me of Prince Oberyn of Game of Thrones.

* I still hate King Gaius for all the things he has done, especially when we find out he was the one who ordered Aron to kill Queen Althea. He is such an infuriating character.

* The moment I found out is was Brion who was captured and brought before Magnus and Aron and then when Aron stabbed him to death, my heart just stopped. The way Morgan Rhodes describes those scenes is so heart-breaking. You could feel all the emotions going through Jonas and Lysandra while watching this.

* A second happy dance occurred when Aron was killed by Magnus.

I really liked this sequel. It was packed with emotions and I wanted to pick up the next one immediately. This is something that rarely happens to me, usually I need to put the series down after reading two books. This is the case for the 'Throne of Glass' series and the 'Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices' series. So, it's a good sign that I wanted to pick up book 3 in this series straight away.

As always, let me know in the comments what you thought about this book. Let's discuss it!

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment