Thursday 26 March 2015

Book unhaul

Hi booklovers

Today's post is going to be a sad one because I've taken a good look at my bookshelves and I've decided to get rid of some books. (By the time you read this, the books are already gone!)


After watching Caitlin's - aka YA BookwormBlogger - latest video I took a look at my bookshelves and asked myself which of my TBR books I was actually going to read and which of my read books I was going to reread.

These are the 29 books I wanted to get rid of:



 

 





* 'Chocolat' and 'Rode Schoenen' by Joanne Harris (in Dutch) - Unread
* 'The Private Diary of Mr. Darcy' by Maya Slater - Unread
* 'De dwergen' (all 4 volumes) by Markus Heitz (in Dutch) - Read the first one and part of the second one, couldn't finish them.
* 'Dreaming Anastasia', 'Haunted' and 'Anastasia Forever' by Joy Preble - Read, didn't really enjoy them, so I'm never going to reread them.
* 'Ik was Alice' by Melanie Benjamin (in Dutch) - Unread
* 'De Temeraire Trilogy' by Naomi Novik - Unread
* 'Mr & Mrs Fitzwilliam Darcy' and other books by Sharon Lathan - Unread
* 'The lost diaries of Jane Austen' by Syrie James (in Dutch) - Unread
* 'The last legion' by Valerio Massimo Manfredi (in Dutch) - Unread (I've seen the movie)
* 'The Fallen series' by Lauren Kate - Read them all except 'Fallen in Love' and I don't plan on rereading them
* 'The Twilight series' by Stephenie Meyer - I've read them, enjoyed them at the time but I'm never going to reread them.

I took all the books to a local second-hand bookstore, but they only accepted seven of them, so I decided to donate the rest (except 'Rode Schoenen', because they accepted 'Chocolat' at the bookstore but not the second one) to my local library.

So, you can understand why I'm feeling a bit sad. It pains me to get rid of them, but they were taking up space on my shelves and collecting dust, so... And now I have room for new books :-)

Did any of the books I got rid of surprise you? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies

2 comments:

  1. Had I known... I've been looking for the Naomi Novik trilogy for years. I read the first book and couldn't find the others. Perhaps I should check Bol.com or Amazon. I only tried book stores and the book 'festijn', where I found the first book. I can't imagine getting rid of unread books. It sounds like sacrilege. I understand your reasons, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry I forgot to ask you if you wanted any of the books I unhauled.
    I know it might seem sacrilege to get rid of unread books, but I like to think of it as giving them the chance to go to a new loving home. I solemnly swear that I will be more picky about the new books I'm going to get in the future.

    ReplyDelete