Wednesday 22 June 2016

10 books I would like to read this summer

Hi booklovers

The schoolyear is almost over, so that means I have a two month break coming up, during which I'm hoping to get a fair amount of reading done :-)

I no longer do TBR's because I hardly ever stick to them, but this is a list of 10 books I would like to read during the months of June (what's left of the month, anyway), July and August. These are not really in any order, btw!

1) Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson. I've been on a Morgan Matson binge lately, having reread Amy & Roger and currently rereading Second Chance Summer. I've had SYBG on my TBR for over a year no, so I think it's high time I picked it up.
2) The Unexpected Everything - Morgan Matson. I don't own this one yet, but I want to order it, so I can read it back to back with SYBG. This was on my anticipated releases of 2016 list, but I haven't bought it because I haven't read SYBG yet.
3) Long Way Down - Krista & Becca Ritchie. I've been putting off reading this book ever since it was released last year, because I know I'm going to have a very hard time putting this one down. So, I need to make sure I have plenty of time to read it.
4) Royal Assassin - Robin Hobb. I really enjoyed Assassin's Apprentice when I read it last year, but I haven't found the courage yet to pick up book 2, because it's significantly bigger than book 1.
5) Queen of Shadows - Sarah J. Maas. Even though I pre-ordered this book last year, I haven't gotten around to reading it. This is a huge book and since I'm a bit of a slow reader, I need my time to get through this. I would like to read this before Empire of Storms comes out, but I don't think I will pre-ordering that one. I'll just buy it when I want to read it.
6) A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas. I haven't ordered this one yet, but I want to soon. I'm thinking of rereading A Court of Thorns and Roses and then moving on to this one.
7) Written in Red - Anne Bishop. After picking up Murder of Crows and thinking it was the first one in the series, I ordered this one, but I haven't started it yet. I've heard a lot of great things about this series, so I want to start it soon.
8) The Lies of Locke Lamore - Scott Lynch. Ever since hearing Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes raving about this book, I've wanted to pick it up. 
9) Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. I've been wanting to buddy-read this with Bre Faucheux ever since I bought it last year. Maybe I'll be able to convince her to read it this summer ;-)
10) Abraham Lincoln, vampire hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith. Bre sent this to me as a gift and I've been very curious to read it after hearing her rave about it :-) Thanks again for sending this to me, sweetie!
Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them? Let me know in the comments which of these I should read first.

Bye for now

Annelies 

No comments:

Post a Comment