Friday 5 August 2016

Continuing series before the next book in the series comes out.

Hi booklovers

Today I want to take a look at some of the series that I have already started - or in the case of numbers 1, 3 and 4 own the first book of - but need to catch up on before the next book comes out.

I'm putting these in order of release date:

1)
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.
Book 2 'A Torch Against the Night' comes out on the 30th of August.
2) Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas.
Book 5 'Empire of Storms' comes out on the 6th of September.
I started reading QoS during the Fantasy Favourites Readathon at the beginning of July, but put it down after 28 pages. I just couldn't get into the story. Although I had read summaries for all the previous books, I still felt like I couldn't remember enough to dive back into this world. I might reread the entire series, so I'm pretty sure I won't be able to catch up before the 6th of September.

3) Six of Crows
by Leigh Bardugo.
Book 2 in this duology 'Crooked Kingdom' comes out on the 27th of September.
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to read SoC before then :-)

4) Illuminae
by Amy Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.
Book 2 'Gemina' comes out on the 18th of October.
I started Illuminae yesterday, so I've this one covered :-)

5) The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen.
Book 3 'The Fate of the Tearling' comes out on the 29th of November.
Again, I don't completely remeber what happened in 'The Queen of the Tearling', so I might reread that one first.

6) Frozen Tides
by Morgan Rhodes.
Since 'Crystal Storms' (book 5) doesn't come out 'till the 13th of December I think I might even be able to reread the first three books so I remember how the story goes before continuing.

This may be a bit ambitious, but I'm hoping to at least catch up with a few of these series.

What do you do to catch up with series? Do you reread the previous books or do you use summaries? Let me know in the comments.

Also, I just noticed how stunning all these covers are. I like the Tearling and the Morgan Rhodes ones best! Do you judge books by their cover?

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment