Friday 30 December 2016

Friday Reads #9 - December 30.

Hi booklovers

I can't believe 2016 is coming to an end. It's been a weird year at times, but luckily one thing has been a constant for me: reading.

So, why not end the year with a Friday reads post?

This week I finished Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo and oh my, that last but one chapter really got under my skin.
Because I was suffering from a mild book hangover, I decided to pick up a book in a totally different genre, because I was afraid I was going to compare every other fantasy book to CK. I was also scared I might get into a reading slump, so I picked up Some Kind of Perfect by Krista and Becca Ritchie.
Now I know these aren't the easiest, lovey dovy kind of books either and I might suffer from an even bigger book hangover, but I felt like it was time to dive into this book. It's good to visit Lo, Lilly, Connor, Rose, Daisy and Ryke again, but it's also bittersweet because it's the last book about them. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish it before my Christmas break is over.

If so, I might pick up Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
or Amour Amour by K. & B. Ritchie, the first book in a new series(?).
I also started listening to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but I probably won't finish that before the end of the week.

I hope you had a great reading year and that 2017 may bring you much joy and a lot of reading pleasure.

Bye for now and Happy New Year

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment