Monday 2 January 2017

2016 anticipated releases - in review.

Hi booklovers

First of all, let me wish you all the best for 2017 and a very good reading year!

Before sharing my 2017 anticipated releases, I thought I'd take a look at my anticipated releases of 2016: which ones did I buy, which ones have I read, which ones haven't I bought (yet)?

A) Bought and read:
*Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry. I really enjoyed this second book in the Thunder Road trilogy and I can't wait for book three to come out.

*A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. I absolutely loved this book. It even made it to my top 10 books of 2016, even though I know there are some flaws to the story - and no, I'm not talking about the cast of characters not being diverse enough! I'm talking about some exaggerations in some character's attitude and behaviour!

*Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard. I have mixed feelings about this one. I really liked Queen's Song, the story about Cal's mom, but I didn't enjoy Steel Scars all that much.

*Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. I liked this one a lot better than Cruel Crown and I'm curious to see how the story will continue after the major cliffhanger. (I have to admit I might need to reread Glass Sword before reading King's Cage :-$ )

These three authors have the next book in the trilogy / series coming out in 2017, so expect them to appear in my 2017 anticipated releases.

*Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. This is my most recent read and my feelings are still all over the place.

B) Bought but still unread:

*Stars Above and Heartless by Marissa Meyer.
*The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson.
*The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johanssen.
*Frost Like Night by Sarah Raasch.
*Passenger by Alexandra Bracken.
*The Crown's Game by Evelyne Skye.

C) Not bought:
*Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas. I haven't even read Queen of Shadows, so I thought it was a bit useless to already get Empire of Storms.

*Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes. Same story as with EoS. I only recently bought Frozen Tides so I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, so no point in already getting Crystal Storm.

*The Dark Days Club by Allison Goodman.
*Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake.
*Truthwitch by Susan Dennard.
*The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine.
*Nevernight by Jay Kristoff.
*A Million Worlds Without You (Firebird #3) by Claudia Gray. I haven't even read A Thousand Pieces of You or bought Ten Thousands Skies Above you, so I won't be getting this one any time soon.

*The Glittering Court by Michelle Read. I'm not sure I'm even going to get this one anymore. I kind of lost my interest in it.

D) These publications were pushed back:

*Damaged Like Us by Krista and Becca Ritchie.
*All Closed Off and Inflict by Cora Carmack.
*The Star Maiden by M.J. Melrose.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed these books will be released in 2017.

I didn't include any of the books I don't even have the first book in the series of.

What's the conclusion of my 2016 anticipated releases list? I had way too many books on it. This time I'm not going to include books from series of which I don't even own the first book.

Did you get/read all of your 2016 anticipated releases? Let me know in the comments.

Bye for now

Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment