Saturday 22 April 2017

Champion by Marie Lu - non-spoiler review.

Hi booklovers
 
This is my review for Champion, the third book in the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu.
This will contain spoilers for Legend and Prodigy (click on the titles to read my non-spoiler review).

Title: Champion
Author: Marie Lu
Genre: YA, sci-fi, dystopia
Format: paperback
*Story:
In this conclusion we follow June, Day and Anden in their battle against the Colonies.
 
*Characters:
-June: I liked her better in this book because although a lot of things happened to her that could have brought her down, she held her head high as best as she could. She isn't whiny like she was in the previous book.
 
-Day: His character also goes through a lot of changes and character development. I liked how he kept putting others above himself even though he knew he was dying.
 
-Anden: Even though he's starting to look more like his father as a politician, he is still very much a young man bearing way too much responsibility.
 
-Eden: I really liked Eden, he is such a fighter, despite everything he's been through.
 
*Plot/world building/overall rating:
I really liked the worldbuilding in this one: the contrast between the Republic of America and Antarctica was well explained. I also enjoyed that we got to see how the facade the Republic has put up is nothing more than that: a facade.
Even though the epiloque left me wanting I still gave this book 4.5 stars. This book was a lot more emotional than the previous two. It was also even more action-packed and fast-paced.
SPOILER:
My heart was trampled on when Day didn't recognise June and she decided to let him go.
 
Overall I really loved this trilogy and I really want to get Marie Lu's The Young Elites trilogy.
 
Have you read either of these trilogies? What did you think of them?
 
Let me know in the comments.
 
Bye for now
 
Annelies

No comments:

Post a Comment